Is This New Restaurant The Best Food in Rexburg Currently? Check Out Kingdom of Pho!

I think everyone has a certain food that they think of when it starts to get cold. 

Soups and stews warm the soul, slow cookers full of handmade love give us that wonderful feeling of being "home." Food that takes us back to when we were kids, like the food critic eating the ratatouille in, well, the movie "Ratatouille."

I can recall, when I was a child, a dish that my mother made. It was a large pot roast with holes cut through the center, through which were placed large carrots. Doing this keeps the inside of the roast moist, while the outside can gather a delicious browned crust. We just call it "carrot meat" out of simplicity, however, it is actually a French dish and I have forgotten its name. 

That's besides the point, but I hope you can pick up what I'm putting down. There are foods that just make us warm inside, and it really seemed like Rexburg had a lack of foods that did that! There are places to get hot chocolate, more than enough places to get a sandwich and even more sites to get a soda - yet there weren't any places that could provide me a nice warm meal. 

That is, until "Kingdom of Pho" opened its doors.  

Pho is a Vietnamese soup which is made with a delicious rich broth, cuts of different meats, different herbs and vegetables and freshly made noodles. It is a very versatile meal, where the consumer can add different herbs and sauces to the broth in order to make the soup their very own. A food with this range of variety sounded like it would be a "no-brainer hit" here in Rexburg, and that's exactly what the owners thought. 


"Kingdom of Pho" is located in the parking lot of Wolfe Lighting and Accents. (250 W Main Street, Rexburg, Idaho 83440) Situated in their parking lot, you will find a lovely hickory-built shed in the back, along with a heated tent with tables and chairs for all pho-lovers. You approach the window and you're greeted by friendly staff who are packed into this small shed. They were some of the nicest people I had ever spoken to at a restaurant, and I loved that. 

I love pho, it has to be a top five meal for me. But before I got my food, I wanted to act as if I had never eaten pho before in my life. I talked to the staff, acting like I had no knowledge of what the food even was. They were so kind to me and patient about the flavors that different combinations of herbs and sauces bring to the broth. They told me if I wanted spicy, to add Sriracha sauce, and if I wanted sweet, I should add some Hoisin sauce. If I wanted a refreshing broth, I should add some mint leaves. If I wanted a tangy acidic broth, I should squeeze the limes they provided into the broth. What patient people who sincerely cared about the type of experience I had while eating there. 

They just recently opened on March 1, 2022, and on the first day of business, they sold out due to tremendous support from the community they serve. I can definitely see why after trying their pho. 

Sitting in a heated tent, while eating some steaming hot pho, with Sriracha hot sauce making me sweat, I realized I haven't been that happy eating food in a long time. A small moment of bliss was experienced, replacing my shivers of cold to shivers of happiness and peace. While eating pho is not a summer-time food (in my honest opinion), I really hope that "Kingdom of Pho" becomes a winter-time gem here in Rexburg, Idaho. A small business run by wonderful people, I truly don't know what more there is to love. 

Make sure to make Kingdom of Pho a "must-have" on your food list. It's a decision that you will not regret. The best food that I have had in Rexburg in the past four years. 



Comments

Popular Posts